What is Waterjet Cutting
A waterjet cutter is a machine capable of cutting through a variety of materials, in a variety of thicknesses with the use of high pressure water mixed with a fine grit called garnet. In comparison, it is the same as natural water erosion, just refined into a fine, high pressure stream. This stream of water is approx 0.8mm thick, depending on material thickness, running through the nozzle at 40,000PSI.
There are many benefits to using a waterjet for your cutting needs. Some of these benefits are:
- Capable of attaining accuracy within 0.1mm-0.3mm depending on material thickness
- Cut virtually any material
- Cut materials from 0.5mm-90mm thick
- No heat generated/No burn marks
- Ability to cut composite materials eg honeycomb sheets
- Cut a variety of intricate shapes
- With a stream of 0.8mm there is very little waste material
- Cut a series of parts nested into a 2400x1200 sheet
- Minimal, if any, removal of burrs required after cutting
When sending a drawing for quotation, the preferred file extension is DXF however we can also open DWG and PDF files. We also have the ability to scan sample pieces or reproduce a part from a sample piece or sketch.